Back Pain Specialist
Back Pain Q & A
What are the possible causes of back pain?
Some of the most common causes of back pain include:
- Injuries to soft tissues in the back
- Herniated discs
- Poor posture
- Arthritis in the back
- Overuse or improper use of back muscles
In some cases, patients may have back pain because of a combination of issues. Our chiropractors look for the cause of back pain before recommending treatment.
How do chiropractors treat back pain differently?
If you seek treatment for back pain from a conventional medicine doctor, the focus is usually on covering up your symptoms with medication. In some cases, conventional medicine doctors may recommend surgery or other procedures to address the underlying cause of your back pain, but these procedures carry significant risks.
The chiropractors at Maragal Medical approach the treatment of back pain differently. When you come to the practice with back pain, they begin by looking for the different factors responsible for causing your pain. Armed with this knowledge, they develop a customized treatment plan that addresses each factor, relieves your pain, and improves your overall health.
What back pain treatments are available?
Several chiropractic treatments may be beneficial to patients with back pain. Depending on your needs, we may recommend:
- General chiropractic care, which focuses on correcting problems with the alignment of your spine
- Corrective exercises you can do at home to improve the effectiveness of general chiropractic care
- Physiotherapy, such as interferential electrical muscle stimulation, ultrasound, and massage therapy
- Lumbar decompression to relieve pressure on the discs in your back
- Lifestyle advice to help you resolve any lifestyle issues that make your back pain worse
What are the risks of chiropractic care for back pain?
Chiropractic care is considered generally safe for patients with back pain. Unlike conventional medicine treatments, which often come with significant risks and uncomfortable side effects, chiropractic care is unlikely to cause any serious problems.
Furthermore, studies have shown that chiropractic care is effective in the treatment of most types of back pain, making it an ideal choice for patients who want to minimize risks and relieve their pain quickly.
Schedule An Appointment
Complete The Form Below And We'll Get Back To You Immediately.
"*" indicates required fields
We're Here To
Help, Get In
Call Us Today