Knee arthritis. Degenerative disc disease. Hip pain. These are common complaints that plague many Americans due to aging, disease, damage, or defects. Traditional treatments for these issues focus on the symptoms, not the underlying problem. When most patients reach out to their providers for help, the treatment plan often includes pain medicine and cortisone shots. Unfortunately, pain medication isn’t a long-term solution, and too often, cortisone shots don’t work, or worse, the injections actually break down joint tissues if used repeatedly. There’s a better way: regenerative medicine.
Unlike traditional medical treatments for chronic pain, regenerative medicine regenerates damaged ligaments, tendons, and cartilage by stimulating the body’s own ability to heal. Here are the top five reasons regenerative medicine can decrease pain and improve function.
5 Reasons Regenerative Medicine is the Answer
The goal of regenerative medicine is to address the root cause, rather than masking the pain. According to Mayo Clinic, regenerative medicine, also known as regenerative medicine therapy, promotes the repair response of diseased, dysfunctional, or injured tissue using cells or their derivatives.
The treatment targets areas that have structural defects — which are defined as missing or damaged tissue in the body. This type of tissue often compromises the ability and structural integrity of its surrounding area, providing a wide array of symptoms. Regenerative medicine supplements these defects with regenerative medicine, such as Wharton’s Jelly Allografts.
- Regenerative procedures are non-addictive and non-invasive. Unlike painkillers or surgery, regenerative therapies offer a reduced risk of complications.
- Regenerative procedures have a faster recovery. After the outpatient procedures, most patients can return to their normal activities quickly, even in just a few days.
- Regenerative procedures have minimal side effects. The most common side effects are minor bruising or discomfort at the site of the injection, which should go away within a few days.
- Regenerative procedures create healthier tissues. Unlike traditional options, which only repair the damage, regenerative medicine improves the health of the tissues and bone that it treats. It helps your body grow stronger!
- Regenerative procedures reduce inflammation and pain. When you suffer from chronic pain, inflammation can occur when your body incorrectly attacks its own tissues. Regenerative medicine overcomes that inflammation and has even been known to treat autoimmune diseases as well as chronic pain.
Treat Chronic Pain Naturally
Maragal Medical uses Wharton’s Jelly Allografts. These high-quality biologic tissues offer impressive clinical outcomes for patients. The tissue undergoes the highest level of scrutiny, and it’s a proven, natural, effective treatment option for a variety of painful conditions, including:
- Degenerative disc disease
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Lower back pain
- Joint pain
- Sports injuries
The results of this cutting-edge procedure are impressive. Check out this video with Boston Sports Legends Cedric Maxwell and Dan Duquette to hear how regenerative medicine treatments at Maragal Medical have helped them reduce pain and improve their quality of life.
Help Your Body Heal on Its Own
The body has an incredible ability to heal itself. At Maragal Medical, we want to help unleash your body’s potential for self-healing. Our state-of-the-art regenerative therapies are proven to work and are safe, effective, and deliver relief fast. Contact us today to learn more.